Saturday, February 2, 2013

Food for thought

Today I dredged thru the snow to have what would be considered the best fish and chips in Detroit. Scotty Simpsons Fish and Chips on Finkle. A childhood staple. I called my parents to let them know I would be donning my favorite bulletproof vest and heading out for lunch. No the neighborhood isn't somewhere Mr. Rogers would live. But Im pretty sure he would think its damn good fish too.
            You go in and it is a flashback of the last 60 years this place has been here. The owner is also the cook. One small menu , yet no one seems to need it. Both the hubby and I ordered Fish and shrimp. The waitress yells out to the cook and promptly returns with a cold roll. Even my mom commented , do they still serve the cold rolls?
                Food came out hot and crisp. They butterfly the shrimp  so it is like two in one. The fish is flaky and the batter thin and crisp. FF were fresh sliced and the cole slaw is non creamy and delicious. Five star meal.
          Don't let the area scare you. Scotty Simpsons is worth the ducking of drive bys to eat. Well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment