Sunday, December 30, 2012

This is what hell feels like?

             This is the beginning of the end. I fell today. Not just fell . I busted my ass at work. I walked in this morning, walked thru the restaurant and grabbed my mail keys. Yep that was the last thing on my mind before I would be shunned to my house for what seems like forever. Mail. Irreverent pieces of paper that have nothing to do with me. 
     I walked out those two doors and walked into what seems like the fires of hell. 30 feet to my demise. I knew it as soon as I did it. It was like watching a slow moving train wreck in front of me. But that train WAS me. Ankle first....Snap. The Sound that echos in my head to this day. Then a thud of me hitting the ground.
      I look around....No one. Apparently breakfast is the last thing anyone wants this cold ass Sunday morning. I lay there pondering how to get back those dreaded 30 feet back to the door. I crawled like a Nam vet in the jungles in Iwo Jima running from their captors.  Worlds longest crawl.
                     This is a picture My husband took in the ER
     
  I was greeted by the smiling face of our hostess who nicely asked if I was alright.I could only laugh at the thought of crawling in sub zero temps for the hell of it. She called for a server and summons 911 to fetch me off the ground. I called my husband and boss to apologize for somehow ruining the business and being that silly wife who fell.
      I don't remember much after that. Lots of pain killers, nurses,doctors and pain killers. Talks of surgerys, pins, plates and smashing my ankle and leg. People keep asking me about what happened , no one seems to believe that I only fell. I'm going to bed. Surgery tomorrow and boy am I ready. Hence the notes of sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment