Monday, December 31, 2012

I am awake. Are you happy?



            
 I am awake. I'm glad that is all that's being asked of me today. I hurt bad. I have surgery today. Not sure what to expect but they say I have the best doctor doing it. If this doctor looks anything like his students I will be very pleased. The hospital food blows, and I have yet to have a Pepsi. I NEED PEPSI. Rambling........yeah I know.  

              Word to the wise. Do not read about waking up during surgery right before you go into surgery. It's a total mind fuck that you will never shake.Great, mid slice I'm going to wake up and ask for a Pepsi. I can see it now.


              I went into surgery around 4 pm. Once again all I remember is pain killers and.....pain killers. Hours later I wake up and  WTF is on my leg.Its not the super cute cast you see people wear every day. It looks like I went off into the woods and bam, bear trap on my leg. PTSD flash backs of Nam again. 

Is that a kickstand?

I am reminded it is new years eve and I am sitting in a hospital bed drugged up sipping apple juice while my friends are sipping on beer counting down the the last few moments of 2012. Thankfully a dear friend brought something for the hubby to sip on and I have my clear fluids. Clear fluids scream wild party........right??? DAMNIT. 
Bubbily anyone?
as the once famous and alive Dick Clark said..
10...9...5...7...4...3...2...1....
I'm Out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment